Billionaires seem to be romantically spurred by outer space, in particular the colonization of Mars. It's their money, and as indicated in THE ULTIMATE EVOLUTION OF LIFE, perhaps they are rightfully being foresightful.
- A thousand meters deep in the ocean is a FREE cold water resource capable of providing electricity, freshwater, hydrogen, range of sustainable bioproducts, exciting living habitats and the potential for both remediating climate warming and preventing the formation of hurricanes.
- Envisioned is a simple two-step process leading to perhaps a thousand nations at sea someday:
- $150 million to build and operate the Pacific International Ocean Station to develop the science, technology and pre-commercialization of enterprises for next generation fisheries, marine biomass plantations and assortment of sustainable options.
- By 2050, $150 billion to build the first ocean city to host the 2050 World Ocean Expo.
Guy's legacy might well be Blue Revolution Hawaii and the Pacific International Ocean Station. A couple of years ago, we were having lunch in Kona when he mentioned how billionaire Gordon Moore had provided funds to initiate the Thirty Meter Telescope Project. As Guy had an office at Keahole Point at the entrance of the NELHA, why not the Blue Revolution with support from a billionaire? Thus was born Blue Revolution Hawaii, which proposed the Pacific International Ocean Station. Guy created the presentation for PIOS, which I presented at the Seasteading Institute's conference in San Francisco.
- China and the U.S. together have 55% of the world's known billionaires.
- China as 1133 to the U.S.'s 716, with a growth rate three times that of America.
- China has three cities with the most billionaires. New York City is #4.
- 60-70% of all female billionaires in the World are from China.
- However, the American billionaires control 32% of all combine wealth, compared to China's 27%.
- The total market cap of Apple, Microsoft, Amazon and Alphabet are equivalent to the top 500 most valuable non-state controlled companies in China.
- #1 Elon Musk $266 B U.S.
- #2 Jeff Bezos $191 B U.S.
- #3 Bernard Arnault $172 B France
- #4 Bill Gates $135 B U.S.
- #5 Warren Buffett $126 B U.S.
- #6 - #9 from the U.S.
- #10 Mukesh Ambani $96 B India
- #16 Zhong Shanshan $71 B China
- #27 Zhang Yiming $50 B China
- #100 Li Xiting $17 B Singapore
- #200 Stefano Pessina $10 B Monaco
- #300 Stewart and Lynda Resnick $8 B U.S.
- #400 Philippe Laffont $7 B U.S.
- #500 Huang Yi $6 B Hong Kong
- #600 Marc Rowan $5 B U.S.